Being a Plodder means meeting on Wednesday nights at The Greystones pub, with a plod up the Porter Valley, followed by beer and crisps in the pub. We have a good mix of ages and abilities and are a very friendly club that welcomes new members.
If you are interested in joining the Plodders, there is a one-off joining fee of £5 plus an annual membership of £5. New people are welcome to try plodding for a couple of weeks before joining
Send us an email at email@example.com to let us know you're coming and we'll keep an eye out for you!
Please do note that although we have a range of abilities the club isn't suitable for outright beginners so please be advised of the following:
- You should be able to complete a 10k run in under an hour.
- You should expect to plod at least 6 miles with 800 feet of ascent
- You should be comfortable running on muddy trails (and have appropriate footwear for these).
- You should have a good head torch from September until April
- You take responsibility for making sure you are dressed properly for the weather.
Finally, check the Twitter feed or Facebook page for last-minute information!